Caramelized Apple Tostadas
Makes 2 servings
- 26 – 7 inches flour tortillas
- Butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 apples or pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15 1/2 ounce can apple juice
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
1.Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Lightly coat tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl stir together granulated sugar and the 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle over tortillas. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2.Meanwhile, lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add apples or pears, brown sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; cook and stir about 10 minutes or until golden. Add apple juice and currants. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until the apples caramelize and the liquid evaporates.
3.Spoon apple mixture over tortillas. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
- 222 calories
- 2 grams of fat
- 52 grams carb
- 5 grams fiber
- 37 grams sugar
- 2 grams protein
- 74 mg sodium